Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happiness in a jar


In January I came across a copy of Grechen Rubins’ ‘The Happiness Project’, which is her personal quest for a year of happiness. Inspired by this wonderful idea I decided to embark upon my own year of happy. My parents had a rough year in 2012 so I sent a copy to my dad, who decided to join me on my project.


As part of my personal ‘Happiness Projects’ January chapter I created a jar of happiness from an old jam jar and some stickers. The jar now takes pride of place on our dining room table. Each evening I quiz Mr Science and Sebastian (our fur child) about their favourite parts of the day. The answers get written down on a sheet of paper and sealed in the jar. We have already filled the jar once over and had to file in a safe place. Our idea is to sit down on NYE and read all the great moments we had in 2013.

It sometimes helps to have small prompts on your daily notepaper pages. I cut up an old Kikki-K diary that had daily prompts such as:

· Today I discovered…

· The most delicious thing I ate today…

· The weather today was…

· Tomorrow I am looking forward to…

· What made me smile today was…

It’s never too late to embark upon your own jar of happiness. Perhaps if you have your own business you could create your own financial year jar and read it next tax time.

Have a fun and happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment